We make every effort to conduct our business in an ethical and fair way. Trust and respect amongst our employees, business partners, investors and other stakeholders is key. Our policies and guidelines set out expected behavior and we have procedures to address any alleged misconduct.
Raise a concern
At H&M Group, we take any allegation of misconduct in our business seriously. Misconduct can include discrimination, harassment, theft, fraud, corruption, other violations of our policies and guidelines regarding ethical behavior, or violation of laws.
Early reporting is essential and can help resolve an issue quickly. It can also minimise any harm. All reports are investigated and appropriate actions are taken against proven misconduct.
People should feel safe and supported when they raise a concern and we make every effort to keep their identity strictly confidential. Reports may be made anonymously, except in countries where this does not comply with local laws, and we do not tolerate retaliation against anyone who raises a concern in good faith.
Speak Up channel
If somebody suspects an abuse of trust or suspected misconduct within our organisation, local processes should always be followed first. If this is not possible, our secure Speak Up channel is available to our employees, business partners and their employees, as well as other third parties. See below for more information about our process for internal reporting and expectations of our business partners.
What to expect when you use Speak Up
- All concerns are taken seriously.
- You will be treated with dignity and respect.
- Anybody who reports a case will remain anonymous, where local law permits.
- All communication is strictly confidential.
- Speak Up automatically shares your case with an H&M Group colleague responsible for the category of incident or concern. For better handling, your report may be forwarded to a designated local investigator.
- Your case is given an incident number and you may be contacted via the platform for more information related to the case.
- We handle all cases according to our internal investigatory procedures.
- You can see the status of the case at any time during the investigation.
- We do not tolerate retaliation for reporting suspected misconduct in good faith.
Being straight forward is one of our values. That’s why we have an open-door policy to encourage all employees to openly discuss any work-related issue or concern, including suspected misconduct, directly with their managers. If discussing the matter with the manager is not possible, employees can contact their designated HR contact or a senior manager.
Our Speak Up channel offers employees an alternative option for reporting misconduct.
Business partners and their employees
We also expect our business partners to establish their own misconduct reporting process, where their employees can report complaints and concerns without fear of retaliation. However, if a business partner employee cannot raise their concern within their own organisation, or sees no action on a concern that affects the H&M Group, they may use our Speak Up channel. This is in line with OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Business Conduct and local legislation where we operate.
Any other serious malpractice against H&M Group’s vital interests may also be addressed through the Speak Up channel. These cases can be reported by anyone, inside or outside the H&M Group. Examples of such malpractice include bribery, accounting fraud, auditing matters, financial crimes and environmental crimes.